Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
murder for christmas radio 4 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winkle42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: murder for christmas radio 4 series Reply with quote

does anyone know if these shows (radio4 i think,aprox late 1980's) are available on cd anywhere?the only one i can remember is a poirots xmas with peter sallis (not john moffat for once),which i have...i would have thought they'd have been on radio 7 at some point,but cant seem to find any relevant info on the website...thanks for any help
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Winkle42 .. Sorry for the delqay in relpying

The BBC did a number of Christmas special seasons. wwhere we had a series of 90 minute plays running each evening over the Christmas holiday. Just a good one on Christmas Day is all we can reallisticly hope for these days.

This reply is from memory, but I will try to do my best to qualify it soon.

The play you recall was called Hurcule Poirot's Christmas and was part of the Murder at Christmas season. It was broadcast on Christmas Eve, this was followed by an excelent two hour production of The Nine Tailors this season also included More Mork for the Undertaker, The Valley of Fear, Smallbone Deceased and ended with a repeat of Appleby's End.

I will try to get correct dates and times for the seasons and include them on the website.
winkle42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smallbone deceased!!that brings back memorys...yes,that must have been the series. i think i recorded 4 or 5 onto cassette,i may try and transfer them to a format that i can put on my ipod,tho im not exactly an expert,think you can buy the leads to give it a go.many thanks for the reply,the christmas radio times is out this saturday i believe,so fingers crossed for a decent murder or two!!!
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering re-developing the site and will try to find a way of including the Christmas seasons.

Every year I used to love getting the Christmas Radio Times and look forward to all those lovely dramas and special series. For the last 10 years at lease (more likely 20) I now find the Christmas edition extramly dissapointing as it only highlights what we have lost.

Good luck in transfering your tapes to MP3, its well worth the effort.
PaulEHudson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have a file of "Smallbone deceased" that says it is dated 1987. It has Hewell Bennet and Dominic Guard in it any suggestions of its real date. It was dramatised by Nester Payne
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul

Sorry for the delay I have the first broadcast date of 28 December 1987.

This is a different version to the one broadcast on SNT on 10 July 1971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: