Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
Radio Plays by Peter Tegel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carbonel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Radio Plays by Peter Tegel Reply with quote

I have just received an email from Radio 7, sent in response to an inquiry, that two plays by Peter Tegel have been preserved in the BBC archives.

"The Well of Life" dealing with the Nazi "Lebensborn" programme, and its tragic effects on some of the hapless children unfortunate enough to have been involved with it, was first broadcast on 8/9/1986 (The Monday Play).

"Kate of Heilbronn" - Heinrich Von Kleist's classic (1807) romantic drama, translated and adapted for radio by Peter Tegel, was the first ever production in English of this celebrated German work.

It must have been originally transmitted in 1986 (or earlier) as Nigel Stock, who played one of the principal characters, sadly died in that same year. The play was fortunately repeated on 9/7/91 by Radio 3 (when I first heard it and made a recording).

There is a possibility that both of these superb productions may be re-broadcast by Radio 7, but no specific details could be given.

Carbonel.

Maurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949)

L'Oiseau Bleu (1909) V. ii
simplesimon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: PETER TEGEL Reply with quote

I am having difficulty sending this message. Will try again.
Good radio writer - Rock Life 26.9.77 heard at BL - Stephen Murray and Pauline Letts in top form. I would like to hear 2 pieces from The Monday Play - Choice (9.10.78) and The Liberation (12.1.81)
I have 3 of his pieces. Return to Krnov - 1993 - Happy Depths of a Homophobe - 1995 with Derek Jacobi - and Against The Grain adpt. from Huysman's novel ?? date not to hand. I am having difficulty coping with the last mentioned
Best bet would be to contact Mr. T. How? Via Methuen?
Regards,
simplesimon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: