Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
R.D. Wingfield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fhb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: R.D. Wingfield Reply with quote

Is anyone interested in Radio Plays by Rodney David Wingfield? In general his radio plays have some beautifully woven & often humorous twists to them and I love them. I have a number on tape but am still looking for the following:
Cover-Up,
Daylight Robbery,
Double Entry,
Hate Mail,
Never Go Back,
Post Mortem Shock,
Second Sight
The Alternative Plan
Would love to hear from anyone who remembers these plays on radio
Francis
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FHB

Welcome to the Forum.

Apparently many of the plays you have listed to exist in various provate collections.

The Saturday Night Theatre edition of "Double Entry" is not known to exist anywhere do if you manage to track it down, or if somebody reading this post has a copy please let us know.
fhb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: RD Wingfield Reply with quote

Do you know of anyone who may have any of those listed in their collection?
Francis.
Apparently many of the plays you have listed to exist in various provate collections.
fhb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: RD Wingfield Reply with quote

Do you know of anyone who may have any of those listed in their collection?
Francis.
Raymond McCarthy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably giving information already known and it has been some time since the original post, but it hasn't been mentioned here so far -
"Daylight Robbery" has appeared on Radio 7 in recent times and will no doubt come around again in the circular motion that is their schedules.
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Raymond

RD Wingfield was an excellent radio writer. I have a number of his plays which I intend to put onto one CD.

It would be nice if BBC7 could dig a few other Wingfield gems from the archive, there are plenty out there.

DG
Raymond McCarthy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Director General, I do support your cause - but at times one may confuse a Saturday Night Theatre play with the other non-existent 90 minute slots. Such as the Saturday Afternoon play, the Monday night play - or if my memory is not completely shot - the Friday night play. So if a play is remembered and not an SNT slot one would hope that I (and others) shall be forgiven.

Radio 7 has been sort of kind to the works of R.D. Wingfield, only recently the series "Outbreak Of Fear" had yet another airing, so its always worth keeping an eye on what it forthcoming on that station.
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make a really valid point.

There were several slots throughout the week, where "feature length" (new BBC radio 4 phrase) were broadcast.

I do plan to broaden the site beyond SNT and hopefully yourt postings will help start to make that change.

Regards

Bob
DG
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A copy of Double Entry has now been found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: