Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
rief encounter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dechenradio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: rief encounter Reply with quote

Hi all, does anyone have, or remember, "brief encounter" staring Anna Massy? Broadcast in 1963?
Is there any site, or place, where I could obtain a copy to hear please?
I should explain, that older plays are so much easier for folks like me, with two cochlear implants to hear. I have no sight, so radio is all to me.
This play was so moving. There was another production broadcast in 1972, but it didn't have a patch on Ana's performance.
I can't remember her co-star in that play, could it have been "hue Padic? I know he's usually better known for his parts in Kenith horn shows, but I'm sure he was playing the part of the doctor in this production.
I had it on a real to real tape for years!
Wat was also interesting was the music used for the back ground. In the film it was the C minor piano concerto, but in the Anna Massy production it was "meditation"
Anyone remember this play?
Michael Gerwat.
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael

if my memory serves me right the later broadcast although it was undoubteldy "Brief Encounter" I'm sure it had another title.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I'll try to get back to you soon

DG
dramafan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two later productions

Afternoon Theatre on 25th August 1983 with Cheryl Campbell as Laura Jesson and Ian Holm as Dr. Alec Harvey.

Tonight at 8.30: along with 'Red Peppers' broadcast 31st December 1998 as "Still Life", the original title of NoŽl Coward's 1936 one-act play with Amanda Root as Laura Jesson and John Duttine as Dr. Alec Harvey.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Broadcasts from Previous Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: