Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
The Pickwick Papers - From the 1980's Coming Soon To Radio7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Current Radio Drama
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carbonel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: The Pickwick Papers - From the 1980's Coming Soon To Radio7 Reply with quote

I am absolutely delighted to learn from next week's Radio Times that the 1980's version (in eight episodes) of this Dickens classic, starring Freddie Jones, Stephen Thorne, and narrated by the late Simon Cadell, has survived and is to be broadcast on Radio 7 from Monday 15th December 2008.

There were several other Dickens dramatizations, also narrated by Simon Cadell, (as Charles Dickens) from the same period and I particularly remember "Bleak House" and "Little Dorrit" with Angela Pleasence as Amy and the late Patrick Troughton as Flintwinch. Do these too still exist in the BBC archives? I sincerely hope that they do and will also, at a later date, receive a much deserved repeat transmission.

Maurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949)

L'Oiseau Bleu (1909) V. ii
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this as well.

Do you remember a broadcast of "Christmas at Dingly Dell" ? i am looking for a copy to replace the one I lost many years ago ?

DG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Current Radio Drama All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: