Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
Farewell Falco ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Current Radio Drama
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Farewell Falco ? Reply with quote

The BBC have made excellent productions of the first four Falco books by Lindsay Davis.

The fourth production “The Iron Hand of Mars” will not be released by the BBC Radio collection due to poor sales of the previous releases.

I fear this will therefore spell the end of this excellent radio series, in the same way that the popular Inspector Allen series was scrapped for no obvious reason other than CD sales

I am delighted that the BBC has realised the commercial potential of its products. If it had done so 30 years earlier most of the archive would still be intact.

I am concerned however that as licence fee payer our listening is dictated by what the BBC can produce for re-sale.
PaulEHudson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely right one wonders why we pay the license fee at all. It is about time we got someone intelligent at the top of the BBC. Like you or me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Current Radio Drama All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: